In Malaysia unfortunately on an average 1000 babies need to undergo phototherapy treatment because of the neonatal jaundice. Untreated neonatal jaundice can lead to death. Existing phototherapy units are bulky and require high power. Hospitalization is inconvenient (emotionally and physically) and expensive.
- Autonomous, portable phototherapy unit.
- Real time monitoring and feedback control.
- IoT based close monitoring by medical professionals.
- Utilization of solid state lights for phototherapy.
- Flexible dose changing mechanism with integrated energy harvester.
- Cost effective- Infants are treated at home.
- Existing device cost RM 6,000 Vs NB-Care cost below RM 300.
- It simplifies the phototherapy procedures at the ease of home.
- Autonomous, IoT compliance continuous monitoring.